Wednesday, January 27, 2016

TUTS+ tutorial totally confusing, no support

Hi,

I was interested in learning how to create my own theme using underscores. So I purchased a tutorial based on the two "free" short "presentation" videos that teacher offers.

Immediately after starting the course, the teacher veers into the wilderness and instructs us to create a local WP install using Bitnami, which doesn't recognize my WordPress.com account for using Jetpack, etc. At some point I'm like, what the heck, this has nothing to do with underscores?? And there is not even an acknowledgement that some people might encounter such a problem, and what to do in that case...

And there is NO "comment" section, the teacher cannot be reached anywhere, so I sent a bottle in the ocean of "support." But I'm wondering if anyone else encountered this? I lost half a day Googling, searching and waiting around for a reply. NOT too impressed so far. I liked her flow, but this is to tally unnecessary - you should be able to work online if you choose, no?

I don't mean to be a whiner, I'm new to tuts+, but it's really been disappointing. I bought a course to learn new skills, and end up feeling worse about my inability to learn than learned anything else...

If anyone has a tip, please let me know, or a work-around, etc.

Thanks!



from Envato Community Forums - Latest posts http://ift.tt/1KGGdee
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment